theannachrist@gmail.com

Monday, November 21, 2011

Y2K Fever

Mash together my current obsessions of ethnic and bright colors. Add a dash of Y2K fever!

Y2K fever is an unhealthy hankering for bad trends that died circa 1998-2002 and should stay underground. Unfortunately, I have exhumed a few to the disgust of my peers.

But since when have I given a fuck?

Ethnic: Mexican embroidered shirt. Made from the softest cotton ever and in exuberant colors. Thrifted, $3
Bright colors: lace up red pants. Thrifted, $2.50

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Wanna see that Y2K fever?

Exhibit A: the chunky ankleboots, thrifted, $10

Photobucket

Exhibit B: the navel piercing (yes, I did it, and yes, I love it in all of its trashy glory)

Photobucket

Exhibit C: power bead bracelets or karma bracelets. So my boyfriend left behind one of his wooden bead bracelet and it got me thinking... about the stack of power bead bracelets I had in 2000 and the nostalgia turned into an obcession.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Obviously Sydney Evan makes the best (on the right, pictured above, rose gold with diamonds strung with red jade), but my budget is not quite there yet ($1210). But I don't want plastic either. Le sigh. Let the search begin.

On that note, I shall leave you to ponder Y2K fever and please send me your old power bead bracelets. Thanks and gig 'em.

17 comments:

  1. wow great style! i love this red pants paired with the embroidered turquois blouse!
    love and kiss,mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. i freakin loved those power bead bracelets. still do, they're awesome. i wonder where mine went...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for introducing Y2K fever. You wear it well. Duh. After a 75% hit 25% miss at the thrift store today, I think I might also diagnose myself with this same fever. Glad it has a proper name. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the power bead is actually cute!

    thanks for visiting my blog. come back soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have awesome hair, just wanted to say. You are also making those red pants work for you, I want a pair now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely remember the millions of power bead bracelets along with butterfly hair clips and roll-on scented body glitter

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha loving the Y2k fever! You pull it off extremely well though, more tastefully i guess :! This outfit is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yo tuve esas pulseras pero hace tiempo todo vuelve.besis

    ReplyDelete
  9. i could add about a bazillion other items to that "Y2K fever" list. finally a name for that period! hah, great idea for a blog post. in fact, might have to dedicate one in your honor ;)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What about those stretch "tattoo" choker necklaces?? and bracelets, and rings... p.s. Those shoes are PERFECT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The blouse is really great! I love the color and the embroidery on the neckline.

    ReplyDelete
  12. still love your blog!! You've got such great taste! : )


    xx Ragnhild

    ReplyDelete
  13. y3k fever ha! how did i forget about that?

    ReplyDelete