theannachrist@gmail.com

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Column Dress

Part II: The Outfit

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The dress is two American Apparel jersey racerback minidresses sewn together. I bought one, loved its ease and comfortability so much, I bought two more in different colors. Last summer, in sticky humid Galveston, where I wore them every single day (almost) I was left with the softest, sheerest imaginable jersey.

I'm trying to cull my closet down these days with the philosophy of quality, not quantity, so I figured I'd salvage the fabric and create one out of two. I just sewed them together then dribbled bleach down both sides, and love the effect. It's the comfy-est thing I own now. This is the AmAp racerback I'm talking about:

Photobucket

The sandals are Fiorintini and Baker and the tiny gold charm necklace is part of my everyday jewelry-- I seriously wear it everyday as if by default. It's by Dogeared and I've had it for two years now and wear it more days than not.

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. you have a great body! it makes the dress look even more lush!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dogeared do the best jewelery!

    xox
    www.shopdixi.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow you are stunning and the dress is amazing !

    ReplyDelete